|Work for us
Job vacancy - Accident Investigator (Air)
The Transport Accident Investigation Commission (TAIC) investigates significant aviation, rail, and marine accidents and incidents with a view to avoiding similar occurrences in the future. The commission has set a visionary goal of "No Repeat Accidents – Ever!" Accident investigation is a highly specialised and time critical task involving expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Skilled accident investigators are pivotal to the Commission's successful performance.
Investigators provide high quality and timely transport accident investigation services for a particular mode of transport. TAIC are currently recruiting for an Air Accident Investigator. We are seeking someone with relevant operational air transport experience and professional or technical qualifications.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Experience as a commercial airline pilot (previous or current), airline operations management or management positions in flight operations (strongly preferred).
• Being medically and physically fit, with a valid passport and current driver's licence (essential).
• Previous experience of investigations, accidents or incident reporting, analysis of evidence or a relevant investigative qualification is helpful but specialist training in this area is provided.
Key competencies and capabilities include:
• An ability to anticipate and identify risks/issues and identify possible solutions
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
• Skilled at developing logically sound arguments
• Analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Emotional and psychological maturity to handle stressful and emotionally difficult situations
• Diplomatic, tactful and able to relate to a wide range of people.
In addition to technical skills and experience, you will have a desire to increase your knowledge, continuously upgrade your skills and a personal commitment to excellence. In this role you will deliver on TAIC's mission of "safer transport through investigation, learning and influence".
For further information please view the job description on www.peopleandco.nz and search for job number 18158. Contact Kathy Claridge on (04) 931 9450 or email email@example.com for more information. If you are interested in the position, click the APPLY NOW button to submit a cover letter and CV.
Applications close Wednesday 30th August, 2017.